How to Re-Work and Save Damaged, Mislabelled, or Defective Products
Posted By: Karl Wirtz
Posted On: 29th January ‘ 16
When errors and accidents happen during the manufacturing process, they can result in inaccurate labelling, faulty packaging, unsaleable merchandise, and lost revenue. Don’t let defective pieces become lost causes. Work with the experts at WG to re-work your products and get them into the hands of consumers.
What Is Re-Work?
Re-work involves re-packaging, re-labelling, and otherwise correcting products that were damaged during the initial manufacturing and packaging process. Re-work makes them compliant, saleable, and gets them to market fast.
Re-work services might include:
- Removing items from defective cartons and re-packaging them appropriately
- Applying new, compliant labels
- Re-packaging open products into new cases
- Consistently monitoring and inspecting products during the re-work process to guarantee consistency
4 Benefits of Re-Work
1. Correct Errors to Save Damaged Packages
When you’re dealing with expiration dates, one little number can make a big difference. If the printer malfunctions, it might stop while the line continues to run, resulting in un-printed or poorly printed products. Date codes can also be entered incorrectly or accidentally adjust if the equipment glitches, resulting in non-compliant labels on final outputs.
Whatever the cause, you need the problem fixed fast. Inaccurate information and faulty packaging can prevent your product from hitting store shelves and reaching consumers, resulting in lost revenue for your business.
2. Save Freight Costs and Meet Tight Deadlines
If your products are manufactured and packaged overseas, sending them back to the supplier to be fixed might not be a viable solution. By choosing a domestic company to undertake re-work services, you can reduce freight costs and get your product to market faster.
3. Enhance Packaging and Boost Sales
The right packaging will attract consumers to your brand and help grow your sales. Work with an experienced partner who can deliver not only a fast turnaround, but also offer guidance on creating effective, eye-catching packaging to help your product stand out from the competition.
4. Extend the Life of Promotional Merchandise
Do you want to reuse saleable, specially-packaged merchandise after a promotion ends? Are you looking for a way to make an open product part of an upcoming campaign? Re-working those products lets you capitalize on new opportunities and generate additional revenue.
Choosing the Right Re-Work Partner
Finding the right partner means being sure the job will be done right.
As you’re researching, make sure you:
- Follow up on relevant certifications
- Ask for a warehouse tour to see the facilities for yourself
- Read testimonials from previous clients
At WG, we are experts at carrying out re-work projects of any size or scope. We offer state-of-the-art facilities and are backed by industry-leading certifications. We are dedicated to delivering full-service solutions and can provide guidance at every step of the way.
WG is a leading co-packer in the Toronto area. We will work closely with you to develop an efficient, cost-effective re-work strategy and design attractive packaging. Contact us today to discuss your needs.
More from WG:
- Cross-Border Co-Packaging: It’s the Right Time for U.S. Manufacturers to Consider an Ontario Co-Packer
- The Top Three Qualities to Look for In a Private Label Partner
- Finding a Qualified Food Co-Packer: Why GFSI Certification Is Critical
- Congratulations to David John Vongalu, Winner of This Year’s WG Leadership Award at Sheridan College’s Pilon School of Business - June 23, 2017
- 4 Future-Forward Co-Packing Trends - May 2, 2017
- WG Connects with Companies Eager to Grow in North America at the International Sweet and Snack Fair in Germany - February 23, 2017
- WG Pro Becomes a Certified Organic Co-Packer - January 27, 2017
- How Your Packaging Can Tell Your Brand’s Story - January 11, 2017
- Merry Christmas from WG Pro! - December 20, 2016
- 4 Benefits of Eco-Conscious, Sustainable Packaging - November 30, 2016
- WG Pro Opens a New Co-Packing Facility in Calgary - November 22, 2016
- What to Look for in a New Co-Packing Partner - October 27, 2016
- WG Pro is Excited to Showcase Its New Bakery at Its Open House! - October 5, 2016