Cross-Border Co-Packaging: It’s the Right Time for U.S. Manufacturers to Consider an Ontario Co-Packer
Posted By: Karl Wirtz
Posted On: 11th December ‘ 15
For companies in nearby border states to Ontario, particularly New York and Michigan, working with a Toronto Area co-packer is the right business decision. Here’s why:
- You can take advantage of record exchange rates, with the Canadian dollar being at its lowest since 2004.
- Under NAFTA, no duties will be levied on U.S.-made products going in and out of Canada.
- Enjoy limited transportation costs with historically low fuel prices and close proximity to the U.S.
Partner with WG and Benefit from Our World-Class Facilities
Located in the Greater Toronto Area and reachable using major highways, our co-packaging facilities are in close proximity to major border crossings. We are under 2 hours from the Peace Bridge at Buffalo and under 4 hours from the Ambassador Bridge at Detroit.
Our co-packaging facilities are internationally-certified and can manage projects of any nature, size, and scope.
- Our facilities hold GFSI-BRC and AIB certifications. Coupled with stringent internal policies and procedures, our teams are experts in food defence and safety.
- Our locations offer more than 135,000 square feet of warehouse and distribution space. Our newest 35,000 square-foot co-packaging facility incorporates an automated carton line, featuring three 14 head weigh/count scale in-feed systems to reduce production times and labour requirements.
- We have a segregated nut-free and peanut-free facility to eliminate chances for cross-contamination with allergens for restricted-ingredient products.
- We offer temperature-controlled locations, including ambient, refrigerated, and cooled environments.
- Food and confection
- Health Foods
- Household Products
- Vision and Eye Care
Experts in Export Logistics
WG’s expert teams can manage the complexities of cross-border transportation, handling logistics and letting you focus on your business.
In addition to handling imports and exports between the U.S. and Canada, WG has successfully distributed products throughout the U.S. and acted as an international brand manager. Our strong connections and diverse customer base can open new doors for your business.
With more than 20 years of co-packaging and international distribution experience, partnering with WG to develop customized co-packaging solutions will help your products stand out and ensure a seamless cross-border experience.
WG has built a reputation as a leading co-packer in the Toronto area. Contact us today to learn how our export logistics expertise and commitment to quality co-packing can benefit your business.
More from WG:
- Finding a Qualified Food Co-Packer: Why GFSI Certification Is Critical
- 4 Questions to Ask on a Co-Packing Facility and Warehouse Tour
- What to Look for in Your Co-Packager’s Food Defense Plan
- Congratulations to David John Vongalu, Winner of This Year’s WG Leadership Award at Sheridan College’s Pilon School of Business - June 23, 2017
- 4 Future-Forward Co-Packing Trends - May 2, 2017
- WG Connects with Companies Eager to Grow in North America at the International Sweet and Snack Fair in Germany - February 23, 2017
- WG Pro Becomes a Certified Organic Co-Packer - January 27, 2017
- How Your Packaging Can Tell Your Brand’s Story - January 11, 2017
- Merry Christmas from WG Pro! - December 20, 2016
- 4 Benefits of Eco-Conscious, Sustainable Packaging - November 30, 2016
- WG Pro Opens a New Co-Packing Facility in Calgary - November 22, 2016
- What to Look for in a New Co-Packing Partner - October 27, 2016
- WG Pro is Excited to Showcase Its New Bakery at Its Open House! - October 5, 2016