6 Benefits of Working with a Co-Packer
Posted By: Karl Wirtz
Posted On: 22nd March ‘ 16
Companies are regularly looking for cost-effective, innovative ways to take their businesses to the next level, but investing in the infrastructure to scale production can be costly.
Working with an experienced co-packer and making them a part of your production process can help you expand, getting your products into consumers’ hands to boost sales and grow your brand.
How will your business benefit from working with a co-packer?
1. Reduce Costs
Equipping facilities to handle largescale packaging projects (including purchasing equipment, hiring a workforce, and guaranteeing the necessary certifications) is expensive, costing hundreds of thousands of dollars. Co-packers have already made these investments in infrastructure and are ready to help you take your packaging projects to the next level.
2. Capitalize on a Co-Packer’s Knowledge and Experience
Oftentimes, it’s about more than just packaging. Co-packers have experience working with a variety of industries and can provide expert guidance on labelling and distribution, working with you to create comprehensive solutions.
3. Warehousing and Logistics Support
Streamline your operations by working with one partner. Many co-packers have the facilities and experience to offer warehousing solutions and can help you ready your products for shipping or receiving.
4. Benefit from a Co-Packer’s Existing Certifications
Depending on the type of products being handled, there are requirements that need to be met before they can be distributed or sold, including:
- Health Inspections (including Health Canada approval and DEL licensing)
- BRC, AIB, and HACCP Certification
- GFSI Compliance
- Segregated Nut and Nut-Free Zones
Co-packers have already taken steps to certify their facility, saving you time and money as you don’t need to deal with the issues yourself.
5. Increased Scalability
Being able to scale production rapidly and keep up with your growth can be invaluable for your business. Co-packers have the facility, teams, and equipment in place to help you ramp up production when you need to.
6. Co-Packers Do the Heavy Lifting
Co-packers have already laid the groundwork – investing in the necessary facilities, equipment, teams, and certifications. They are ready to tackle the challenges of co-packing and distribution head on, ensuring that the finished product exceeds your expectations.
Why Partner with WG
At WG, we can handle any co-packaging projects according to your unique needs. We can work with you to help you create innovative, cost effective packaging solutions to help you grow your business and boost sales.
Take advantage of:
- More than 135,000 feet of packaging and warehouse space.
- Facilities that are BRC, GFSI, AIB, and HACCP certified. We also have temperature-controlled environments – including frozen, refrigerated, and ambient – and segregated nut and nut-free zones.
- Our newest 35,000 square foot facility, which features an automated carton line with three 14 head weigh/count scales in-feed systems, which reduces labour and time required to carry out production runs.
The experts at WG are ready to offer guidance and advice at every step to help your product – and its packaging – stand out from the competition.
At WG, our experts will work closely with you to develop co-packaging solutions to help expand your brand and grow your business. Contact us today to discuss your co-packing needs.
More from WG:
- Finding a Qualified Food Co-Packer: Why GFSI Certification Is Critical
- 4 Questions to Ask on a Co-Packing Facility and Warehouse Tour
- How to Re-Work and Save Damaged, Mislabelled, or Defective Products
- Congratulations to David John Vongalu, Winner of This Year’s WG Leadership Award at Sheridan College’s Pilon School of Business - June 23, 2017
- 4 Future-Forward Co-Packing Trends - May 2, 2017
- WG Connects with Companies Eager to Grow in North America at the International Sweet and Snack Fair in Germany - February 23, 2017